The Dublin Library had its origin in 1859. William McClure left money by will to establish a township library. Dublin books were kept in a case in a Doctor’s office on Cumberland Street. Other books were kept in Cambridge City, IN. In 1874 a fire destroyed the portion of the township library which was housed in Cambridge City. At that point, the Dublin books were transferred to Cambridge. This left Dublin without a library until 1880 when a stock company was formed by Dr. Samuel S. Boyd, Benjamin Maxwell, Oliver White, Charles Long, Solomon Crull, Norton Davis, and with perhaps some others, and this company sold shares at $10.00 each to start a library for the town. This Library was kept in a drug store owned by Oliver White.
In 1884 the library was moved to the school house in Dublin. It remained there until 1943 when it was moved to it’s present location at 2249 Cumberland St.